For current COVID-19 information, see
If you have a COVID-19 question, .

Need Legal Help?
LIVE Mon - Fri: 11am - 2pm
Call/ Text Free: 1-855-875-8867

Find an Advocate: Go to the PovNet website to look up an advocate in your area.

BC Ombudsperson: Call 1-800-567-3247 or go to the website if you think you have been treated unfairly by a government ministry or agency.

Representative for Children and Youth

BC Coalition of People with Disabilities: Call  604-872-1278 ( Lower Mainland) or  1(800) 663-1278 (toll free) if you have a disability and need help applying for assistance.

StudentAid BC: Visit the StudentAid website to find out how to get help with the cost of post-secondary education.

Financial Help



Your parents or guardians are responsible for supporting you financially until you are 19. What if your parents can’t or won’t support you? What government benefits are available to help you if you are on your own?

In this section: